Monday, September 21, 2009

Off to a good start

I woke up this morning, determined to be motivated and optimistic despite this weekend's football woes. Danielle left early to class, so I got up and did a little reading on John Curtis, provo mayoral candidate, to prepare for the guest lecture for my 9:00 class. I realized I was running out of time, so I shaved and hopped in the shower. I got out and saw that it was nearly 8:45 and that I still hadn't packed a lunch for Danielle as I had promised. I whipped up a couple quick pulled pork sandwiches with meat leftover from Dasxon's mission homecoming dinner. I smelled it and remembered that I hadn't eaten any breakfast, but I had no time as it took 10 speed-walk minutes to get to campus.

After gulping some O.J. straight from the jug, I ran out the door and decided to try out Tobin's bike he left in Provo, for the first time. As I started to pull the bike out to hop on it and take off, I saw that the back tire was flat. Plan B. I ran up the stairs and took off on foot, trying to move speedily, but wearing sandals made it difficult. I managed to make it up the South Stairs in 7 minutes, grateful that I hadn't eaten any breakfast, for it would have surely ended up duck food. I then reached for my backpack, only to discover that it was not bulging out where the tupperware sandwhich container should have been. All that work, and here is was, 9:03 and I didn't even have the lunch to show for my sacrifice.

I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry, so I just did neither and walked into the SWKT in attempt to slip into class without being noticed by the honorary lecture guest. As I slipped in I discovered it was not my class, and then it sunk in: my class doesn't start till 9:30 on Mondays.
Lame. And I'm still hungry.

5 comments:

Jaimee said...

Hahaha!!!.... Thanks for the laugh!

Jaimee said...

Oh, and welcome back to the blogging world :o)

xister said...

Whoa!!! I check your blog almost every day in hopes of there being something new. Today felt like winning the lottery.

I like John Curtis. What did you think?

jaclyn weist said...

Just a normal every day getting ready for school... So what did you do for lunch anyway?

Jerry said...

Yeah, I was pretty impressed by John Curtis. Had my same views on housing/zoning laws, as opposed to Steve Clark. He also seemed like he had better insights into other issues such as rejuvinating downtown Provo, creating more business, etc. He also said that Provo needs to come to terms with the fact that it is a college town and take advantage of that instead of seeing it as a liability as it has for years. He said, "Without BYU, Provo is just another Payson."