Wednesday, August 11, 2010

That Was One Dank Burrito!

I've always been a big fan of eating a balanced diet. I've always made sure to balance out any healthy foods I eat with a healthy portion of meats and sweets. My wife often complains that I eat too many carbs. Her rational for proper food consumption is often difficult to understand.

Like one time when I offered her a treat that I was eating, she declined, making a disgusted face. I said, “Don’t you like it?” She responded, “Yeah, it’s just a waste of calories. I’ll save them for something I’ll enjoy more.”

Waste of calories? I didn’t know we had a limit?!?! I thought we can have the good sweets and the better sweets?!?! It’s like she’s confused calories with cell phone minutes and put herself on a 700 calorie per day plan—except no free nights or weekends. And I’m thinking, well I didn’t eat many sweets yesterday so I’ll just use my roll-over calories and eat her portion.

Speaking of sweets, someone at work today brought in a cake today which she called “Better-than-sex Cake.” What a weird comparison. I mean, the cake was delicious: chocolate with drizzled chocolate sauce and candy bar chunks crumbled on top. But to use such a title to describe how good the cake tastes seems to be a bit irrelevant. I mean, the other day I ate a nasty bean burrito that gave me terrible heartburn. But I didn’t call it "Worse-than-the-holocaust Burrito."

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Hate to tell you, but your wife is right on the calorie thing. Maybe someday you'll have to worry about it. But I applaud her for thinking with her brain instead of her stomach. =o)

Jerry said...

You're just saying that because Oakley doesn't get any calorie service out there.

amanda said...

Ha ha...we use way too many rollover calories. And yeah, not sue why it is called thAt but it is a good cake!